Welcome to The Line Dance Marathon
2013 marks our 20th anniversary and is being held May 30th - June 2nd. This is the longest running all line dance event – duly earning the designation of MARATHON!
After the huge success of 2012's new format, Jean Garr, your event director, with the help of Scott Blevins, is working extra hard to make 2013 even better! 2013 will definitely be an AMAZING weekend of dance and entertainment that you won’t want to miss.
Included with your Weekend Pass:
- Over 75 hours of free workshops to choose from in 4 workshop rooms
- Workshops begin on Thursday at 2 pm and wrap up on Sunday at 1 pm
- Huge lineup of international instructors
- Dance previews by instructors Thursday and Friday evenings
- Dedicated beginner/improver workshop room and evening ballroom
- Four nights of evening open dancing –
including an intimate pizza and dance party closing out the event on Sunday night
- Saturday night show and “Disco Nights!” themed dance party (best costume prize)
- Watch or maybe even enter the pro or amateur choreography competitions on Sunday
(additional competitor fee required)
- "Dance The Floor Away" open dancing on Sunday afternoon after choreography awards ceremony
These are just some of the high points, so please check out the rest of the site for more detailed information – then print out your registration form and reserve your room at the beautiful Sheraton Imperial in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, so you can sign up to be part of the ACTION!
Mark your calendar for Future Line Dance Marathons:
May 29 - June 1, 2014
May 28 - May 31, 2015
June 2 - June 5, 2016